I've spent the last 4 days at the lovely Dancing Goats in Decatur. Let me preface this post by saying that I am aware there are now 2 locations here in Atlanta (the second is now sitting in what will be Ponce City Market. I decided to focus on this one in particular due to the fact that I find them to both be somewhat different (in oh so positive ways).
So stay tuned for Dancing Goats Part II
I needed a work getaway this week and this place was just PERFECT. There are many factors that play into this:
1. Great drinks
- I tried to change it up everyday to get a taste of different things. DG makes a mean latte and I don't think you could go wrong with ANY of their 18 tea choices. (Suggestion: Vanilla Bean)
2. Scrumptious treats
- I stuck with scones and muffins. There was never a bite of disappointment. I didn't make it to the mini donuts on display each day - but I hear they are crumbly...good, but crumbly.
3. Comfortable seating
- Couches, chairs, tables, counters - they've got it all. Such a nice variety. Can be a busy place, so don't expect to get the comfy seat under the paper lantern right away - which leads me to my next great factor.
4. Some good people watching
- I've noticed after hanging in Decatur quite a bit that you get a little bit of everything. I should note that although I treated this as my workspace this week - I am an avid people watcher. I could sit in an airport all day and just watch - making up stories of people's lives, names, ambitions in my head. You can definitely do this here.
5. Free Wifi
and for the best part....
6. AWESOME music
- I mean it. I couldn't get over the amazing playlist of music that continued to play throughout my days there. I started to note the artists as I wanted to thank the DJ for helping me to avoid sticking to my own tunes for once. A few noted artists: William Fitzsimmons, Tallest Man on Earth, Mumford & Sons, Amos Lee - then we started moving on to some good, soulful Otis Redding. My Shazam was on fire.
Overall, I was totally impressed with these Dancing Goats.
My only downfall...sometimes Decatur feels a bit far. But, for a work week getaway - worth it.
419 W. Ponce de Leon Ave.
Decatur, GA 30030
Must have: Latte ($3.75) & Cherry/Chocolate Chip scone ($1.99)